Monday, June 23, 2008

The Day at the Bookstore

Today, I decided I needed to go to the book store. The book, which is called New Keywords, is the assigned textbook for my Summer course UWP 101. I am waitlisted for this class so I found no need to buy the book, and I decided to just skim through the textbook at the store. I had been sweating from the hot weather outside and so the air conditioning inside of the store felt very good. The inside of the bookstore was actually very comfortable and so I did not mind staying inside to skim through book. I felt the urge to buy the textbook but resisted because I remembered that I was waitlisted. If I were to buy the book and then not get into the course, I would still not be able to return the textbook to the store and receive a refund. I would have bought a textbook for no reason and wasted my parents hard-earned money. As I left the bookstore, I wondered if I would get into that course. I really need it for units and if I am not able to enroll, I will be very disappointed. Hopefully, I can return to the bookstore to officially buy the book once I am enrolled.

No comments: